THE WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMAN - 4K ULTRA HD / BLU-RAY (LIMITED EDITION)
Infamous werewolf, Waldemar Daninsky has been brought back from the dead after a mortician carelessly removes a silver bullet from his heart. Unable to stop himself from viciously killing anyone in his path, he begins a search for a sacred cross which can finally cure him of his monstrous affliction. Meanwhile, Genevieve and Elvira are scouring the French countryside for the final resting place of Countess Wandesa who, according to legend, was a vampire who thrived on the blood of young virgins in order to retain her beauty. One night, they encounter Waldemar, who offers to aid them in their quest and leads the two women to Wandesa’s tomb. However, while in the process of opening it, a drop of blood falls onto her skeletal remains, thus reanimating and rejuvenating her desire for blood and revenge from beyond the grave. Now faced with an evil capable of even more brutality than his own, Waldemar realizes that he is the only hope in defeating Countess Wandesa…
The third released film in the Waldemar Daninsky saga, León Klimovsky’s (The People Who Own the Dark) THE WEREWOLF VERSUS VAMPIRE WOMAN (aka Werewolf’s Shadow) is considered one of Paul Naschy’s crowning achievements and co-stars Gaby Fuchs (Mark of the Devil), Andrés Resino (Holocaust 2: The Revenge), and Patty Shepard (My Dear Killer). Brimming with gothic atmosphere, brutal violence, and an underpinning of eroticism, Vinegar Syndrome is delighted to present the world UHD debut of THE WEREWOLF VERSUS VAMPIRE WOMAN, newly restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative and including three different cuts of the film: its international export "nude" version, its “clothed” Spanish version and an integral "nude" Spanish version.
directed by: León Klimovsky
starring: Paul Naschy, Gaby Fuchs, Barbara Capell, Andrés Resino, Yelena Samarina, Patty Shepard
1971 / 1.85:1
International Export Version (87 min) with Spanish & English Mono Sound
Spanish Clothed Version (94 min) with Spanish Mono Sound
Spanish Integral Version (95 min) with Spanish Mono Sound
- 4K Ultra HD / Region Free Blu-ray Set
- 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
- Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
- Presented in its International Export "Nude" Version (UHD & Blu-ray) with the original Spanish language soundtrack and newly translated English subtitles as well as an English dub; its Spanish "Clothed" Version (Blu-ray only) with its original Spanish language soundtrack; and its Spanish "Nude" Integral Version (Blu-ray only) with its original Spanish language soundtrack.
- "The Man Who Saw Frankenstein Cry: Paul Naschy, the Life and Legend of a Horror Icon" (80 min) - a feature length documentary featuring Mick Garris, John Landis, Javier Botet, Joe Dante, Caroline Munro, Paul Naschy and more!
- Brand new video interview with Sergio Molina, the son of Paul Naschy
- Original theatrical trailer under the title WEREWOLF SHADOW
- Original theatrical trailer under the title WEREWOLF VERSUS THE VAMPIRE WOMAN
- Three alternate title and end credit sequences
- Extensive still gallery featuring promotional images, archival articles and behind-the-scenes photographs
- Reversible cover artwork
- Newly translated English subtitles
BLU-RAY (REGION FREE)
Category 4K ULTRA HD / BLU-RAY